Friday, January 14, 2011

Two Months Visit Stats


Derek visited the Doctor on Monday for his 2 month check up. His growth is steady and his hearty eating continues to pay off. He weighed in at 12 lbs. 11oz. and is up to the 75th percentile for weight, height and head circumference! We did find out that he probably has a milk protein allergy (symptoms inlcuded: congestion, curdled spit-up and some rash on his bum and forehead). Which means I am cutting out dairy for now since its getting to him via the milk. Sigh. I thought giving up drinking was hard during pregnancy - dairy is like 1000x harder since I didn't realize how much cheese I consumed.

I also got a gold star from the doctor, since my chatty self just started in about everything ("he is sleeping at most 4-5 hours at night.", "He is developing better head control and enjoying tummy time more"). The doctor said, I wish all my patients were like you! He went to appreciate my bulleted checklist that I brought that divides my notes up into categories like Eating, Sleeping, Behaviours, etc. Its nice to know my obsessive compulsive notetaking skills continue to serve me in the real world.

Oh, and yes, he got 4 vaccines which he HATED. He ran a fever all night and was quite unhappy. He's recovered well and now he's all prepared to go on his trip to Cali next month!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment