Sunday, December 5, 2010

Breaking my own rules

Early on, I said, Don't put the baby in bed with me. What if I roll over and crush him. Plus maybe he'll get used to it too much and then he'll be sleeping with us forever. Which isn't the worse thing, but still.

So that lasted all of 3 weeks.

Derek went through what seemed like some never ending growth spurts where some days he didn't sleep all day (but did want to feed every hour). He didn't want be put down at all unless in a deep sleep. So that meant I was wearing him in a sling constantly or just carrying him about the house. Even with all the help we had, I felt exhausted.

One day while Mike was working at home, I just gave in and decided this was the time to learn to breastfeed lying down. I think it was semi-successful. We both passed out.

Luckily I didn't crush him and we both got some very needed sleep.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: