Friday, November 12, 2010

Introducing Baby Derek

 


This is our baby, Derek Thien Dinh Favila, and he decided to arrive about 4 days before his due date after an intensely long labor (more on that story on another post). He's a "townie" baby - b/c I (Tini) was born at Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington and now following in my mom's footsteps - I had my baby there too. Everyone asks why I wanted a natural birth and part of it is I wanted to continue the birthing tradition in my family (no drugs, just yelling). Plus, I didn't like the idea of knowing I wasn't as tough as my mom. So I sucked it up and all the months of preparation paid off.

Stats:
Born November 4 at 8:35am.
7 lbs. 9 oz.
20.6 inches long
14.2 inches head circumference

More to come soon about his first week after leaving the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Now I can stalk you and Mike on Facebook and Derek on this blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stalking is awesome. We love it. I'm going to try to post regularly but let's see how long I can keep this up for...

    ReplyDelete